Thursday, August 7, 2014

"Point Wilson Lighthouse" step by step 3

I don't know if I can save this painting but, I decided to keep at it. The worst that could happen is that I end up throwing it away and I was going to do that anyway, so what have I got to lose? some time? I won't really loosing that because I will learn something from painting this. Besides, time spent painting is never time wasted. 

About the problems this painting has, The bloom in the sky really isn't that big of a problem because it is mostly in the area that I was going to crop out anyway. The buildings being too light is not really a problem either, I'll just add another layer of color. This may turn out for the best after all because it will make the buildings stand out more from the background. So the only real problem is where the watercolors leaked in between the tape on the buildings, I guessing that it won't be that noticeable when the painting is finished. So here goes. I darken and shade the buildings, and add more to the foreground. 


No comments: